Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Peanut Butter and Honey Granola

We really like this recipe. It's great for a change of pace in the granola world. We try not to eat cold cereal because 1. It's unhealthy, even the "organic" varieties. 2. It's WWWWAAAAYYYY cheaper!

I am the kind of cook that really thinks you should use what you have on hand. Don't let a recipe stop you! So, this recipe is pretty flexible.

6 TBS oil (butter, olive oil, coconut oil etc)
1 cup Peanut Butter crunchy or smooth (or almond butter---though if you use almond butter, I recommend extra honey)
1 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
9 cups oats


1. Over medium heat warm the oil, honey and peanut butter. This is basically just to get it all smooth and melted, no need to simmer or boil.
2. Add the vanilla and salt and dissolve.
3. Add oats and stir until coated.
4. Place on a cookie sheet (you could use a 9X13 pan too, but you would need a couple of them) and put in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes. I don't like my granola crispy, so mine comes out at 5 mintues to cool, but you can leave it in closer to 10 if you like it more toasted.

Once it is cooled you can put it in a sealed container for 1-2 weeks or in the fridge longer. Honestly, I never have that problem, so I don't really know how long it would last! ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. This is super yummy and fast to make (and nice that I don't have to go to the store to get odd ingredients...)--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should make this! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete