Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pizza Crust Dough...SUPER FAST!

This pizza dough recipe is really great! You don't have to wait for it to rise and it has a nice flavor. It was really easy to work with and we really enjoyed it. Here you go!

2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (I use SAF. Also, this is equal to one packet)
1 tsp white suar ( I used honey)
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 Degrees C)
2 1/2 cups flour (original recipe called for bread flour, I used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white...it would be great 100% whole wheat)
2 TBS Olive oil
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Dissolve the yeast, sugar and water. Let sit for around 10 minutes (it will be nice and creamy/foamy)

Stir in the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.

Now, the original instructions said to turn the dough onto a slightly floured surface and roll/pat into a round. I must admit, I am a lazy cook. I love to cook, but things like that I don't always do. What I did was I just shaped it into the best circle I could and then pressed it into a pan that had olive oil sprayed into it.

Spread with toppings and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. If I am using toppings that really only need melted etc. (Like for Taco/Mexican pizza) then I put the crust only in first and bake it and then top and warm it.

This was a really tasty crust and got rave reviews from everyone that ate it! YAY!

The first time I made this, I was making it for a family of 8 that came over for dinner and for our own family of 6. I used about 6 pizzas. I quadroupled the batch and this was the math :)

9 tsp (3 TBS) yeast
4 tsp sugar
4 cups water
10 cups flour
8 TBS olive oil
4 tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment