Thursday, July 15, 2010

BBQ Tofu :)

Hey everyone!

Don't be turned off by the name, this stuff is DELISH! Even meat eaters have enjoyed it!

1. First purchase extra firm tofu. My friend swears by “soy boy” brand, but I didn’t see it and have great results regardless.

2.Freeze overnight (at least) and then thaw completely. This step changes the texture of the tofu. This means you have to think ahead or buy some and keep it in your freezer.

3. You then steam the tofu (this step could be omitted, but I have heard rumors that if you don’t cook it completely it can give you a tummy ache) and then squeeze the extra liquids out.

4. Cut it up. I slice the tofu through the middle and then cut into triangles.

5. Pour your favorite BBQ sauce and ketchup onto them and let them marinade. 12 hours is best, but I have done it with only 2 hours for us. My friend doesn’t always have time to marinade it and when she doesn’t then she adds extra salt.

5. Then put in a pan with the sauce (I have to add extra) and warm clear through.

It is really great in pita pockets or wraps with avocados. We like it with homemade guacamole. It’s also nice with fresh tomatoes….use your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment