Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Hello fellow summer harvesters! This is an awesome chocolate cake recipe. I LOVED it and had a similar reaction from everyone that ate any. It uses more zucchini than most recipes I have seen and it is moist and light. LOVED IT!

2 cups flour (I used white the first time, but whole wheat would be great)
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
3 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cups chopped walnuts (optional and I didn't use them)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease/flour (I spray olive oil on) in a 9X13 pan.

2. Stir in all dry ingredients. Add the eggs and oil and mix well. Fold in nuts and zucchini...due to my laziness, I just use my kitchenaid and mix it right in.

3. Bake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven until knife or toothpick comes out clean. Cool and frost. I used cream cheese, but you can eat it plain and it's great!

The cream cheese frosting I used was:

2 blocks of cream cheese
2 tsp of vanilla
5 cups of powdered sugar

HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment