Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

These are so tasty! My kids loved them. They are very easy too. I doubled it, so I will be posting the doubled recipe :)

1 1/2 cups honey (if you are used to really sweet, you might like to add just a little more)

1/2 cup olive oil

4 eggs

2 cups mashed pumpkin (I used canned this time)

1/2 cup water

3 cups whole wheat flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp of baking soda

3/4 tsp ground cloves

2 tsp cinnamon

3/4 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp salt (which I forgot--with not bad results)

1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare pans (either grease/flour or use paper muffin liners)

Mix honey, oil and eggs. Add the pumpkin and water. Then add ingredients in order listed mixing just before adding the flour. Add flour and mix until wet. Then add in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. Mine took only 20 minutes, but my oven runs a little hot.

Enjoy! The house smelled divine and the kids each ate 3 each for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment