Tuesday, September 21, 2010

non-dairy cheesy spread :)

Hey there all! This recipe was inspired by a recipe I had read in the Cancer Prevention newsletter. I didn't have access to my computer and so I had to wing it, I did get to it later and it was pretty darn close! However, there are a few differences, so enjoy! My kids all loved it spread on Flat Outs...kind of like a tortilla.

One 15 ounce can of white beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
2 TBS nutritional yeast
Handful of baby carrots (I would say like 8-10)
1-2 TBS of olive oil (I just put some in until it was moving in my blender)
1/2 tsp garlic and herbs (or garlic powder or fresh garlic)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 squirt of prepared mustard (I used honey mustard...any mustard is opt)

You can combine all of this in a food processor or in your blender. Because it has carrots in it, I would make sure your blender is really good...

Then spread like mayo, use as a dip or use as a cheesy substitute, we LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment