Friday, September 17, 2010

Cavity Reversal & Prevention

Recently Melanie & I were discussing how to reverse cavities. I know it can be done as I have reversed a few cavities unknowingly. My dentist looked at the x-rays and said, "This was a cavity but the enamel has sealed it back up." I was so excited to hear that!

Here are a few tips:

*Eat whole foods
*Limit sugar (It is acid forming and changes the chemistry in your mouth)
*Increase your mineral intake. They are sold at the healthfood store but let me warn you some taste better than others. Ask before you buy.
*Take an herbal calcium. I prefer Dr Christopher Herbal Calcium Formula. I also recommend making your own infusion/tea using horsetail grass & oatstraw herb.
*Someone recommended a book called Oil Therapy. The basic idea is to swish coconut oil every day for 20 minutes to pull toxins from your mouth and body. I am trying this to see how it works.
*Dr Christopher's infection formula
*Dr Christopher's exceptic formula swished in the mouth
*Dr Christopher's herbal tooth & gum Powder

I have discovered that cavities are caused by overgrowth of certain bacteria in your mouth. I suppose I believed in the past that it was from sugar sitting on your teeth. I was a little surprised to find that you can contract or share this bacteria with others by sharing foods and drinks.

Here is an herbal formula I have created to replace minerals and provide calcium.

1 part Horsetail grass (calcium)
1 part Red Clover (minerals, cleanses the blood)
1 part oatstraw (calcium)
1 part Red Raspberry leaves (calcium, minerals)
1 part Comfrey (heals the body)

I have not gone into all of the properties of each herb thoroughly but you can get the basic idea. I take this tea 1 cup/2 times a day. I also have a little container in my pocket full of the tooth and gum powder mixed with slippery elm to make it thicker and stick it in my gums. I am trying to provide the right nutrients right to the tooth. I am flossing and brushing the tooth after every meal to keep it clean. The sensitivity is lessening and we'll see how it goes from here!

2 comments:

  1. Please let us know how it goes! I'm hoping for good results! I notice there is no fluoride in the mix, i read somewhere that fluoride take the place of other minerals, but i wonder if it does as good or better a job at keeping itself there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little feedback on my progress on my forming cavity. I used the above program for 1 month and have had no more problems with my tooth.

    ReplyDelete