Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blender Tortilla Soup

This soup is very tasty. My children all gobbled it up! We had the awesome experience of sitting through a demo of the blendtec guy at Costco and so this is inspired by his demo. I don't have the real recipe, but this is what I did.

◦6 Roma tomatoes cut in half (You can use a can of diced tomatoes I bet)

◦2 handfuls of grated cheese (optional)

◦1 whole onion or two small onions

◦2 teaspoons veggie boullion

◦2 tablespoons taco seasoning

◦1 clove of garlic (or half if it's really big, I used one and it was pretty spicy *smile*)

◦4 cups warm water

-salt to taste


Place ingredients in blender. (I did it in that order) Secure lid and turn on. When heated to my liking, I added a few handfuls of tortilla chips. Secure your lid and blend for a second or two...not long, that way it's a little chunkier :)

I did not make mine so hot we couldn't eating it as I am trying to increase the amount of raw veggies that we eat. It was so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment