Friday, October 29, 2010

Pizza or pasta sauce

This is a super simple and flexible sauce. We LOVE it on our pizza and we stole it from Alicia. :)

2 roasted garlic cloves--you can also crush them and cook in 1/4 cup oil and add (though I always use fresh, I am too lazy)

2 14 oz cans of diced/whole etc tomatoes. I even use fresh ones and it turns out great!

2 tsp Italian mix (or any Italian herbs you have on hand--basil, marjoram, oregano, sage)

1/4 tsp pepper

Blend in your blender and put on your pizza. I have read that you can let it "marinade" for awhile and it makes a great raw (assuming you use fresh tomatoes and garlic) tomato sauce for pastas.

I have also been known to blend other veggies into it...like summer squash, cauliflower, spinach etc ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment