Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sinus rinse

This remedy has worked for many a friend who has had a sinus infection. Even those treated with antibiotics with no success. Our family uses it with great success just for sinus congestion during a cold! Many people won't try it because they are afraid, but everyone that does try it raves about the way it aids them!

What I do is use 1 cup of warm water, 1 tsp of sea salt and a few granules of ground cayenne pepper. You can use up to a pinch, but I would start with a few granules and then add more as you feel like you need them. I do like a pinch, but it took me a few tries to find the acceptable heat.

Then what I do is breathe it up one side of my nose and let it go into the back of my throat and spit it out. I know this sounds gross, but it helps with sore throats and with stimulating all around your sinuses. Now, I use this same remedy in a nettie pot, but find that the breathing it up is more effective when totally infected.

We have not used antibiotics in our family for the past 7 years (except when I was in labor with positive group B strep and when my daughter severed the top third of her ear from her scalp)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I will visit this blog often as I have many food allergies...candida, etc,,,, and need to eat basically gluten free. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS!!

    Kisses and Hugs,
    JennyMay

    ReplyDelete