Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yummy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Hey all! Today we are making super tasty banana muffins. These can be made in a variety of ways and the recipe is very forgiving, which I will list for you to decide for yourself. :)

Wet ingredients
1/2 cup butter/coconut oil/olive oil (I have used all with great success)
3/4 cup sugar/xylitol or 1/2 cup honey (I usually use honey)
2 large eggs (I often add an extra)
1 cup ripe bananas--I add them whole to my kitchenaide
1 tsp vanilla


Dry Ingredients
1/2-3/4 cups wheat germ
2 cups (I use whole wheat, if I use white I use more wheat germ)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate/carob chips

I don't follow the directions to the original recipe I was given because I am not using all of the same ingredients AND I am all about getting done fast and not dirtying a lot of dishes. So..the way I do this is I put the oil I put the first 3 ingredients in until well mixed, then I add the eggs one at a time. If I am using honey and olive oil then I add the oil first and then add the honey with the same mesuring cup, then it doesn't stick. I then add the vanilla and mix.

After mixing all the wet ingredients, I then add the dry ingredients alternating and then mix them in. This mixture should be smooth and creamy with a few lumps, if you are finding it to be too dry you can add any kind of milk (almond/rice/hemp/cow)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes checking to see when the toothpick comes out clean.

Note: I often double or triple this recipe and share them. Also, they freeze fabulously so for those of you who want to cook and freeze ahead this is a great one to do this with. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment