Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Zucchini Pizza Bites

Hey there everyone!

Okay, so this week I had a couple of zucchini and came up with this really yummy meal. My kids didn't like that I called them pizza bites, because there was no "bread" to speak of, however I am going to leave the name the same. These were a great snack/light dinner/appetizer type thing.

Slice the zucchini into medallions. Put a small amount of oil in the pan, salt them (at least I did) and then after slightly browned then flip. I didn't bread them or anything. Then I took some diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning and blended it in the blender. Had I had spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce, I probably would have used that. Then I topped with some Havarti cheese (I couldn't find the mozzerella) until it melted and then removed them from the pan.

They were pretty, they were tasty. We loved them! Well, most of us did. My picky eater felt tricked because they didn't taste like pizza to her.

1 comment:

  1. Those sound YUMMY! I'll have to remember this if we get a lot of extra zucchini in our garden this year. Hugs! ~Adrienne at http://mygf-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete