Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cream of Corn

This recipe was inspired by the recipe found here:
http://vitamix.ahoy.com/recipe/recipe.cgi/0/287/

I made a few changes because I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. Here is what we used:

1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn (that's what came in the can)
7-8 baby carrots (it was a few too many, I would do half)
1/2 white onion (too much for the kids, I would do 1/4 next time)
1 1/2 cups whole milk (organic and hot)
3/4 tsp dry mustard
3/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp chicken bullion (I use Better Than Bullion)
White pepper to taste (accidentally dumped in like 2 tsp...don't do that)
2 squirts of Braggs liquid aminos

Put all ingredients in blender (I have a Vita-Mix) and blend on high for 3-4 minutes.

This was okay. My kids ate it, but wished it wasn't so strongly flavored with onion. My daughter was convinced it needed more sweetener, however I don't think so, I thought it was PLENTY sweet in fact wished it was a little less sweet. I think that the carrot flavor was too much for me. It was still good and I had a second helping on which I heaped on some shredded cheese and that made it ALL better :)

Enjoy!
Miss Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment