Monday, January 18, 2010

Oatmeal cookies

I like this recipe because it has lots of oats in it. I have another one I love that is gluten free, but this isn't that one. I also don't know where this recipe came from (has been passed around the family) but we sure enjoy it! I will just post what I use as opposed to what the original recipe uses, because I haven't ever made the original recipe

1 cup butter/coconut oil (both are great!)
1 1/2 cups honey
4 eggs (I have been known to use up to 6)
2 TBS molasses
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
5 cups oatmeal
raisins/nuts/chocolate or carob chips (optional)

Cream butter/coconut oil and honey together and add the eggs. Then add all the ingredients up to and including the molasses. Then add the vanilla and cinnamon. Add the oatmeal and then other additions you choose. I use up to 2 cups combination of any of them. We love chopped almonds and carob/chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes on a lightly oiled cookie sheet. You don't need to oil it if you use non-stick pans.

Enjoy! Miss Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment