Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome!

Hi there everyone! After years of benefitting from other people's blogs and never having one--in fact being slightly opposed to having one, I have decided to start one. I have had several people ask me to start a blog about recipes and how we feed our family, so, here I am...this will be a place that I will post (and they won't be fancy like some people's) what we have done and I will post my successes and failures. I try to cook with whole foods and starting from scratch. We avoid artificial flavors, colors and preservatives. We also try to avoid eating white foods (white sugar, white flour etc) however, we do have the times that we indulge in those things, only to be reminded why we didn't want to! (smile)

My name is Melanie and I love to cook. I cook with my children and I talk about recipes with my friends. When asked by the dentist if my daughter ate a lot of candy, she replied "Are you not aware that my mom is a total health nut?" and with that he laughed and so did she. But it couldn't be closer to many of my friends' definitions of me. I homeschool my children, I love natural health, I love the birthing scene, I love to sing and play the piano, I love to dance, roller skate and be silly. I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man and have many wonderful friends.

When I get a chance, I will begin blogging a couple of recipes, but my time tonight is up!

Huggles! Miss Melanie

2 comments:

  1. Good beginning! It bodes well for the future! I'm excited to get in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I'm so excited about this blog! After all your tantalizing recipe posts on fb, now I get to actually copy some of your ideas. ;) I have to say, the oatmeal recipes remind me of my mom's cooking (yes, she's a total "health nut" also). Thanks for sharing your ideas! I'll be checking in often.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete