Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I usually won't post something that is unhealthy but I almost had a heart attack when I thought I had lost this recipe. I substitute a lot of the ingredients for healthier one's even using my own bread recipe for the roll but I am posting this as is so I don't lose the original. It's going to be a surprise for Valentine's day for my husband! He's gonna love it!

Family's Favorite Cinnamon Rolls

Bread
1 cup warm milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
1/4 instant pudding mix
1 tbs sugar
1 Tbs active dry yeast
Filling
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Frosting
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix bread ingredients in order of recipe. Let sit for 5 min. Roll onto a lightly floured surface in a 17X 10 inch rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into  21 slices. Place 12 slices, cut side down, in a greased 13X9 inch dish pan. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 min. In a mixing bowl, beat frosting ingredients. Frost while warm. Makes 21 Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment