Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Veggie Burgers!

Hello everyone! I made these tonight and they were delicious. I doubled the recipe, which was a lot more than my family needed, however, I didn't want to make them again tomorrow

My friend Alicia gave me this recipe and I can't remember where she said she got it from. However, it is inspired by anothe recipe and is a very easy/relaxed mixture.

Veggie Burger!

6 cups of water
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 TBS parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp marjoram
4 TBS dried minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup nutirtional yeast
2 tsp light yellow miso
1/4 tsp celery powder
1/3 cup tamari sauce
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
6 cups oatmeal

In a large pot/pan bring your water to a nice rolling boil. While it is boiling add all of the ingredients except oatmeal. (I add lentils at this point) Add your oatmeal. It will thicken and might be harder to mix. Remove from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Make burger patties and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes on each side. These are great frozen for future use!

I added lentils and they were wonderful. I used 1 cup of dry lentils cooked up and added in.

You can use any combination of herbs and it will equal about 3 TBS of herbs. This does not include the onion. Fresh onion works well too. As does potatoes and shredded carrots. All of these things add flavor and nutrition! ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I know the difference between nutritional yeast and the yeast I buy in a jar to make bread with. Is there a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is a difference. You can buy the nutritional yeast from PCC or Whole Foods. The yeast you buy to make bread is for helping something rise. Here is a good description of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow those sound awesome. I might have to give those a whirl

    ReplyDelete