Sunday, April 1, 2012

Honey Orange Rolls

Any roll recipe, though I used my pizza crust recipe (doubled) and it was awesome and FAST!

Here is the sauce:
3/4 cup honey (or 1 cup sucanat, raw cane sugar etc)
1/2 cup butter/coconut oil
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup water
2 TBS grated orange peel (either fresh or dehydrated)
8-10 drops orange essential oil (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a bundt cake or fluted 10 inch tube pan. Melt together in a sauce pan on low heat. If you have used my pizza dough, that was about the same time to have it resting. Oil your hands and shape into balls, make one layer and pour some of the sauce over it. Add another layer and pour sauce over it until you have used the dough and sauce all up. Pour the extra sauce over the top.

My oven wasn't hot yet, so I let it rise over one of the warm burners for probably 10 minutes. Then I put it in.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serving warm is best. My 8 year old said it's the best breakfast ever. It was our special General Conference breakfast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment