Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blender pancakes

This is an easy breakfast that we love and are so easy that even my 6 year old can produce. Well, I do the pouring, but he can add all the ingredients and turn the blender on. You don't need a fancy schmancy blender for it either.

1 cup milk (any variety will do, cow, soy, almond etc)
1 cup uncooked wheat berries
2 eggs
2 TBS oil
2 tsp baking powder
2 TBS honey
1 tsp salt

Put in the first two ingredients and blend on high until smooth. This could be 4 minutes, with my blender it's about 90 seconds. Turn to low and add the remaining ingredients. If not using a non-stick surface I would choose to use oil.

1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe similar to this, only there's no eggs. Just wheat, milk, baking powder, salt, and oil. My kids love it!

    ReplyDelete